Monday, April 23, 2007

Birthday Weekend

I had a really good weekend. The last week was crap because I didn't get much sleep. This week however I get to go back to my regular schedule and be normal so hopefully so my kids will coorperate with me and I will get some.

Anyways, Friday was my birthday. It started off really great. I got cards from my husband and my kids with my kids promising that they would try to take a nap. Then my brother called me to wish me a happy birthday. This is a big deal to me because he still hasn't celebrated Christmas with us. Then I got to take a nice nap before getting Ephriam. Then I got a card in the mail from my parents which was great because I got a good amount of money to spend on myself. Then the Ephriam and K.C. took a nap for me! YEAH! After that we just had wings and rings for dinner. I then took a nice hot shower, I even got shave my legs which is a rare things these days. Then we bathed the kids and did bedtime. Chris and I were watching the Reds when he was falling asleep so I thought that I would just go in the bedroom and watch TV for a bit and fall asleep. The TV bit was just for about 10 minutes. I was asleep before Ephriam.

Saturday I slept till 9. That's right kids I got 12.5 well needed hours of sleep! We got up and got going for the day. Then Chris and I went dropped the kids off at his parents house. Went over to the Nelson's to help clean up there yard. We came home and got cleaned up to go out to dinner at Outback and then came back home and watched the Bad News Bears before we went and got the kids. We came home and did bedtime with them and then again I was off to bed.

Sunday was our usual morning rush to get to church. Then after church we came home and Chris cut the grass and I cleaned up the house inside before we had Mark and Emily over for dinner. Emily needed some cheering up since her good friend Hayley is moving to KY with her brother. We had fun playing in the yard with the kids. Ephriam has got a great throwing arm and is getting batting down okay. He does better if you help him bat verses batting off his tee. Which is a good thing if you ask me. I also had to raise his little basketball hoop a couple of notches because he is getting so tall. He can still slam dunk though with both of his feet on the ground.

So that is a wrap up of our weekend. Hope that everyone is doing well and looking forward to getting enough sleep this week to post more.

No comments: