Friday, March 16, 2007

Playing Catch Up

Okay is has been a few weeks since I have updated this blog so here is a run down of what has been going on here. Last week was pretty uneventful. I worked, played with the kids, did what little house work I could. We did go to breastfeeding group on Thursday to hang out with some of our friends. Last weekend was a little busy for us but yet still kinda slow. We went shopping for things for somethings that we will be needing the next few weekends. We moved lil' miss Kendra up to a convertable carseat. She is has a lot more room to stretch her little legs out. I was also able to pick up some things for my sister-in-law's baby shower. After our shopping trip we brought the kids back home for nap time and then we went out to dinner with Chris parents. Sunday was our usual marathon. We didn't check our messages after church and the kids were suppose to go to see their Aunt and Uncle but their Uncle was sick so they went to Grandma and Grandpa's house.

This week has been a bit strange. I worked Monday night and got called off on Tuesday which was very nice because it was almost 80 degrees out. I was loving the sunshine and having the house open. On Wed. night we had dinner at Chris' parents house like usual. Then on Thursday morning at 4 am I went into work to count linens on the floor since we have linens all over on the unit. We had to count so many things. We had something like 526 wash clothes over 400 sheets ect. It was too much. I was glad that the floor was slow and that the nurses helped out. I came home to K.C. screaming her head off. She had been up basically since about 3 am and didn't go back to sleep till after 7. Then she got up at 10:30 with Ephriam and then only took an hour nap in the afternoon and she fussed the whole rest of the day. She really cried when I would leave the room. She just wanted me to hold her and that was fine till I had to get ready for work. I needed to take a shower so she had to play with Daddy who was not much of an entertainer on his 3 hours of sleep. I by this time was ready to go into work. I worked my usual 12 hours and was on my way home when I ran into my 2nd in command boss and she informed me that I will be learning to run the floor as an OB Tech. This doesn't however entail me learning to scrub for C-Sections. The one girl that I usually work with who does them is on light duty do to a fall so she will be trained to do birth certificates. They are training our one and only LPN to scrub in her place since they don't have to pay for her to go to school. It doesn't matter much to me because I am planning on going back to school in the fall of '08 to finish up my RN. Once that is done they are going to want to train me then I am sure. We will see how it all pans out. So anyways Tonight we are hanging out at home but tomorrow is another big day for us. We are going to have family pictures done then finish up our shopping for the next couple of weeks. Sunday again is our usual madness. So that is it on my front for now. Now to catch you up on the kids on Walker Family Life.

No comments: