Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Kidney Stones

Okay so I haven't blogged in while but there is a reason why, I have been spending lot of time in pain due to a kidney stone. I went to the ER on Saturday in major pain thinking that I had a new kidney stone. So they did the work up on me and sure enough I had a kidney stone but it is not a new stone but the same one I was in for 4 weeks again. So they sent me home on some pain medicine and told me to call the urologist on Monday. So I did that and he hadn't looked at my CT results yet and said that he would call once he did. So he called Tuesday morning and said that usually he would wait to see if the stone would come out but since it has been almost 5 weeks now that I have had it that it would be best if he went in and got the stone out. So he said that he would go in with a scope up through my bladder toward my right kidney take a metal hook and get the stone and then place a stent to keep the uriter open and then we would go back in a week and remove the stent. So that is what they did today. I had to be put under so that they could do the procedure. I am in a lot less pain then what I was before but I am still in pain so I have some pain medicine for that and am to take an antibiotic while the stent is in. I will be having it removed next wednsday at 12:45. Hopefully at that is all said and done that everything will be fine and I will no longer have to deal with kidney stones. I am hoping to know what type of kidney stone I had and how to prevent them from coming on again. Other then that life has been good. I am looking forward to having the rest of the week off work and hopefully returning to work on Monday. I will call the doc's office tomorrow to confirm that it is okay that I do so.

Christopher has been wanting to get Christmas music out and all that but I have not been letting him till yesterday after trick-or-treat he busted out the music and tonight we watched the Santa Clause on the Disney Channel. So around here I guess Christmas season has started.

Ephriam has been Mr. Hug man. He has been giving out hugs left and right. He climbs up on the couch with me to just hug my neck. He has started saying Uncle and Heather. He also keeps looking for Elmo.

K.C. is doing great. Growing like a weed. She has started to vocalize more and more everyday and not just cry all the time. Before I know it she will be rolling all over and then sitting up on her own and then crawling and then I will have 2 to chase around.

So that is life the past few days. Tell you how things are tomorrow. Nite.

No comments: