Friday, January 19, 2007

Too Giving?

So I started thinking about this this morning when I gave a tube of chapstick to one of my co-workers. I really has nothing to do with the chapstick itself but I began to wonder if I give too much. I mean not too much of my things but too much of myself. It is easy to give so much to your kids but hey they are only little once and they really need my attention but do I give too much of myself to others? Am I spreading myself too thin. I mean I went into work on Wed. night out of the goodness of my heart to watch the desk while they did a C-Section while I still have to get my house ready for play group. I ended up being up till 2:30 in the morning. Then got up early to finish up a few things before people got here. Not to mention that I had to go into work the night that everyone is was here. Not to mention this weekend that tomorrow night there is a lot going on at home, then on Sunday I have a baby shower to go to and then youth group. I am really worried about when I will get rest. Sleep these days seem to be few and far between. Today I have only gotten 2 hours of sleep and I have my kids to take care of. I just wonder if I need to cut something out. Maybe ask to work just part time? I don't know. Not to mention that my house is still a wreck and that I can't get my laundry done. I mean we are on a load to load bases as to what kind of clothing that we need (underware, socks, kids clothes, ect.) I just want to be all caught up. I also can't remember the last time that I had a day to myself. I haven't been able to be alone in a while. I would love to get my hair cut or something like that without any kids. I know that my time will come and it will only get worse the more kids that we have but I am willing to deal with that to have my own family. So I leave you with a thought... Am I too giving?

No comments: